Michael Bublé gets backlash after cancelling Aussie tour

By | November 10, 2022

[ad_1]

Michael Bublé is facing backlash from Aussie fans after postponing his Australian tour less than three weeks before it was due to kick off.

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date arena tour across the country this month but has revealed via social media that he has been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 due to ‘logistical reasons’.

Fans have been left seething at the last minute cancellation, revealing they’d book flights and accommodations to attend the gig.

Michael Bublé is facing backlash from Aussie fans after postponing his Australian tour less than three weeks before it was due to kick off. Pictured on stage in Vancouver last month

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over November and December but the Vancouver-based star said in a statement they’ve been delayed by six months.   

‘To my friends, audience and family in Australia. Despite our best efforts, my team and I have come to realise that global logistical issues have made it impossible for us to deliver the show that I feel Australians deserve,’

‘Although it’s completely disappointing for all of us, I wanted to be transparent with you and hope you can understand what a difficult decision this was to make,’ he wrote.

Many fans replied in dismay, with one writing: ‘You miserable b*****d.  We were booked to see you, travelling a long distance, booked our travel and accommodation and now we are are screwed. 

‘We are out thousands of Non refundable Dollars. Thanks a heap. It was a special 60th B’day present for my wife. Now that’s stuffed,’ they added

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date arena tour across the country this month but has revealed via social media he has been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 due to 'logistical reasons'. His announcement is pictured

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date arena tour across the country this month but has revealed via social media he has been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 due to 'logistical reasons'. His announcement is pictured

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date arena tour across the country this month but has revealed via social media he has been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 due to ‘logistical reasons’. His announcement is pictured

Another fan hoping to celebrate a milestone birthday added: ‘Nooooo! Cancelled my 40th birthday and wedding due to lockdown, this was my birthday present and a night away from the kids but I realise that this can’t be helped. Will see you in June with bells on!’

A third added: ‘Oh man! Perth went from a wicked Sat night to a Monday night gig.. dammit!’

‘I can’t go now as we’re going on a cruise then. Have to get refunded. What a shame cause loved the last tour!’ another tweeted.

Others said that they won’t be able to get airline or hotel refunds, going as far to comment that ‘Christmas is ruined’.

‘Why is it so hard, logistically, to come here? That’s just not fair,’ said one.

Others were more supportive, with one saying they were looking forward to it and said it was ‘worth the wait’. 

‘Anyone who knows Mike knows this was not an easy decision for him to make as his fans mean everything to him,’ protested one loyal admirer.  

The Canadian superstar announced the tour in March, following on from his 11th studio album, Higher.  

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over November and December

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over November and December

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth over November and December 

‘I have been touring Australia for 20 years now and the fact that you all keep turning up to my shows makes me feel like the luckiest man alive,’ he said at the time.

‘I absolutely adore performing live, being on stage is complete and utter enjoyment for me. It’s a great pleasure and honour for me to be able to show up and be made feel so welcome.’

In September, the hitmaker revealed he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

The singer, who has sold more than 75million records worldwide and won awards, including four Grammys, but said he is not ‘loving’ his career as much as he should.

In September, the hitmaker revealed he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child

In September, the hitmaker revealed he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child

In September, the hitmaker revealed he is debating quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child

He said he wants to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, who they welcomed in September. 

Speaking about his career on That Gaby Roslin Podcast, he said: ‘I think I’m not loving it as much, I think I’m getting close to thinking maybe I can just go and be a dad.’

‘I have this picture in my head, of just me in a field with my kids and Ed Sheeran’s kids and we’re just hugging each other and picnicking and getting drunk,’ he added with a laugh.

Bublé is the latest in a long line of international stars to cancel their Australian tour dates.

In September, British rapper Stormzy cancelled the Australian and New Zealand legs of his tour and pulled out of his headline appearance at Spilt Milk Festival. 

But the 29-year-old said he had to cancel due to ‘circumstances outside of his control’, with rising American star Steve Lacy replacing him at Spilt Milk.  

American rapper Polo G pulled out of the Listen Out festival in September.

Half of the English electro duo Disclosure also pulled out of Listen Out to ‘look after his mental health’.

Elsewhere, Nigerian singer Burna Boy cancelled his Sydney gigs within days of announcing them.

The star said he wants to spend more time with wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, who they welcomed in September

The star said he wants to spend more time with wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, who they welcomed in September

The star said he wants to spend more time with wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, who they welcomed in September

Source: | Dailymail.co.uk

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *